KNOWLEDGE BASE Visa And Work Permit Options For The US



Knowing which visa or work permit is right for your situation, and going through the application process, can seem daunting. Globig has compiled visa and work permit information and resources to help you navigate this confusing area. 


Globig's Visa Options In The US provides information and resoures to help you determine what visa options are right for your employees:

Nonimmigrant visas are available to individuals who only want to come to the United States temporarily. Temporary (Nonimmigrant) Workers 
B-1 temporary business visitor visas are for individuals coming to the United States temporarily to conduct business, to include securing funding, finding office space, negotiating contracts, and attending business meetings. 
An H-1B speciality occupation visa is available to individuals who plan to work for a business they start in the US in a position or occupation that generally requires a bachelor’s degree or higher. 
An O-1A extraordinary ability and achievement visa is available to individuals who have extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. 
An E-2 treaty investor visa is for individuals who invest a substantial amount of money in a new or existing US business. 
An L-1 intracompany transferee visa is available to executives, managers, and other workers with specialized knowledge who have worked abroad for a qualifying organization, including its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, or branches, of the individual’s foreign employer, for at least one year within the three years before the filing of the L-1 petition.
There are also permanent (immigrant) visa options, including:
An EB-1 classification is available to individuals who have extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, are an outstanding professor or researcher, or are a multinational executive or manager.
The EB-2 classification is available to two types of individuals 1) professionals with advanced degrees and 2) individuals with an exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business. 
The EB-3 classification is for skilled workers, professional, and other workers. Skilled workers are individuals whose job requires at least a minimum of two years of training or work experience, which cannot be of a temporary or seasonal nature. 
EB-4 classification visas are available to “special immigrants, who are in a number of defined groups as outlined in the Visa Options In The US section.

EB-5 classification visas are available to individuals who:

  • make the necessary (can be $1,000,000 or $500,000, depending on the circumstances) investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States; and

  • plan to create or preserve 10 permanent full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers.


Globig Knowledge Base

Learn more about visa and work permit options in this related Globig Knowledge Base section.

Visa Options In The US


Globig Resources

Use these related resources if you would like to learn more on your own.

U.S. Department of State

Department of Labor

Temporary (Nonimmigrant) Worker options in the US

Permanent (Immigrant) Worker options in the US

Permanent Labor Certification Process

B-1 temporary business visitor visa

H-1B speciality occupation visa

O-1A extraordinary ability and achievement visa

E-2 treaty investor visa

L-1 intracompany transferee visa

EB-1 classification

EB-2 classification

EB-3 classification

EB-4 classification

EB-5 classification


Globig Marketplace

Are you ready to explore what service providers are available to help you on the ground in the US?

The Globig Marketplace contains quality, vetted service providers who can help you. Review your options, learn more about them, and even send them an RFI. 



Do you have additional questions or want some help?

Globig is here for you. Send us a message and we'll get back to you right away to assist you in your global expansion. 

KNOWLEDGE BASE Visa And Work Permit Options For The US